As an interim manager you need to hit the ground running. You need a little time to understand your environment, but you need to be effective immediately.
. Coaching and Intgerim Management following a simple philosphy
- Work the 60/40 rule
- (Re)Build or (re)focus your teams fast
- Set the tone and rythm
- Align around simplifying themes
- Align and involve stackholders
- Rolemodel behaviours
DevOps - Overview
DevOps offers a solution to a problem
DevOps has become many things to many people, a sliver bullet to solve all of your IT development and operational issues.
It is not however a simple "fix", the quick application of a product or proces. It is a shift in behaviour to bring Development and Operations closer together,. Based on the application of 3 principles changes are imoplemented to help resolve four key issues..
- Improve the Quality of Delivery
- Deliver Higher Business Value
- Increase the speed of Delivery
- Improve Efficiency
Technology changes faster than organisations.
- Technology is changing very rapidly, and those changes seem to be accelerating.
- Changing an organization — how it thinks and behaves — is still hard and slow
This then raises the issue of how to manage the adoption of new technology. Not adopting the new technologies blocks or slows down Digital Transformation, But the People, Proces, Technology tirange must be kept in balance.
This observation was described by Scott Brinker as “Martec’s Law”.
Why do we need a Strategy, and quickly?
- is a significant portion of the IT costs
- is a determining factor in defining scalability and agility
- is key in facilitating continuous and low risk operations
- Data is key, however without the appropriate infrastructure…..
In the digital age IT Infrastructure has become a defining factor in the ability to delivery the companies promise.
Without the appropriate infrastructure the company cannot, and will not, deliver the companies promise in a sustainable fashion.